View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #2570 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsui View Post
1.I have Lem La 100-p current sensors at hand and these things require +-15V supply voltage.If I connected these to the circuit with 5v and ground would they work like yours?(like 2.5V at 0A and ~5V at max current)
If not is it possible to make an external circuit that will make the sensor reading the same format with it?
Maybe with some op amps you could do a level shift and scale of the -15v to 15v output to 0-5v.

Quote:
2.Is it possible to replace 5x22uF MLCC ripple smoothing capacitors feeding bjts with single 100 uF electrolytic aluminum-tantalum ones with the polarity in mind or would reverse transients blow up these ones? If it is possible what were the reasons for choosing 60 pieces of relatively expensive capacitors?
This is a very severe environment for caps. Like 8 or 12amp pulses. Must be super low ESR. You might be able to get away with an electrolytic if it is low ESR and rated for 105degC and you keep the pulse current low by using a large gate resistor (10 Ohms or more). But in that case, you can skip the whole boost stage and just use the 2.5amp drive from the white fod8316.

Quote:
3.If I supplied the dc bus voltage from a rectified high power 3 phase transformer with no ground connection and 24V from AC-DC converter fed with same grid would it cause a isolation & short circuit fault?
rectified 3 phase would probably work pretty well since it's low ripple by nature. Generally AC-DCs are isolated, so you should be fine.
mitsui (02-12-2016)