View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
Feasability of going from gas to only electric

I'm trying to simplify things and want to go with one car. I've always had two gasoline cars in case one broke down. I've never owned anything that was less than 15 years old either.

But anyhow, I've always wanted an EV. There are some used, low mileage Nissan Leafs I've been looking at. (And here in Colorado we still get a 24% tax credit since these are out of state Leafs!) Seems just right for the family. My wife won't drive out-of-town anyway since she's afraid of the highway. Plus with the no idle law the instant heat would be nice (and yes, I have a block heater on my other cars in car you were wondering, and no, I can't plug those in at work.)

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Leaf. Although I think I'll keep a gas back up for those out-of-town trips for now. But in reality I only go out of town about 6 times a year. Would it be feasible to just rent a car for the weekend when I did that? (Or take the bus?)

I guess this is a matter of opinion. But what do you think? All criticism accepted.