View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
ChopStix
Primer is still paint!

85 Chevy Pickup C10 - '85 Chevy C10
Ok change of format. From this point on I will be measuring the fuel logs with the van empty unless defined otherwise on the fuel logs individual entry's. So I created a new fuel log "Aero Mods" to track these changes.

05/22/16
I designed some spats for my van today. This picture shows what I'm hoping to accomplish with out increasing my frontal area.

06/10/16
I got the chin spoiler installed and the spats installed. I still have one more front filler panel to install. After a couple days for the spoiler to get used to being mounted in that shape, I fixed the warped upper edge. I upped the Kumho tires to 50 PSI, which is higher than the side wall advised. The rolling resistance was significantly reduced, with no tire wear effect.

06/13/16
Today it was suppose to rain, they got that one wrong again! (-lol)
I took the opportunity to make some rear bumper filler panels. Since I have many feet of lawn edging left over I cut a couple rectangles and Z bent them in my brake, then taped them on.

Before:

After:

You guys should consider buying one of these cutters which is made for cutting plastic plumbing pipe. It works amazing for cutting lawn edging, etc.

'99 Chevy Astro Van build thread

Last edited by ChopStix; 04-21-2017 at 03:51 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to ChopStix For This Useful Post:
MobilOne (03-29-2016)