View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #2736 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Interesting, the DC controller hugs 511 (100% duty) and suddenly loses power when "pulse width" hits 512.
So the DC controller was at 100% duty cycle? That's kinda strange - I got much more AC regen from a 24V pack of lead-acid cells at 100% duty (because it was a CONTACTOR) and no controller ...

Maybe I am not feeding enough power into the system? The battery voltage is not sagging ... well, it IS sagging but I should be able to push 180+ amps and I was no where near that ...

Changes:
- install new DC firmware
- go back to 128V
- use a contactor instead of the 80A breaker
- be prepared to use 2 battery packs in parallel .. even though I have a weak cell in the middle of the #2 battery pack
- Maybe add a shunt on the battery pack so I can monitor current out of the pack with a voltmeter, and use the clamp-on meter for measuring current between the AC and DC controller busses (AC regen + battery pack amps to the DC controller). I don't think I checked that the DC battery amps matched the clamp-on in the last test

I have received the hall effect sensors that I got from ebay. 24V power supply, but a range of +/- 1000 amps according to the spec sheet ... which did not EXACTLY match the part number ... we'll see what is measured when I get them set up. The output appears to be 0 - 5V.