View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
CFECO
CFECO

X-Car - '11 Homemade 2+2

Velbly1 - '17 Toyota Camery XSE
90 day: 29 mpg (US)

Velbly2 - '13 Toyota Tundra
90 day: 18.03 mpg (US)
OK, I have finally been able to get back to my Off Road Electric-Hybrid Buggy project. Most of my thoughts and comments about it in the past were at Number 1's, "I want a Hybrid Side BY Side" page, which I had mistakenly taken over...sorry Number1!
Anyway, I have the golf cart stripped down and need to sell or junk the carcass. It's an older Club Car with a good aluminum frame and a decent body, with front and rear suspension, tires, and seats. I take $100 for it if anyone is interested OBO, and will be heading to the Jackson MISS area around the end of May, from Tucson, so I could bring it. As soon as the cart is gone I will start bolting the bike frames together.
Just to recap, I am taking two Yamaha YZ 400 chassis and will weld or bolt them together to make a two seat buggy, 4' wide at the widest part ( the front forks). I am then going to narrow the golf cart rear axle and install it where the bike front sprockets were, driving the rear wheels with the stock chains. The front forks will be connected with a tie-rod and use the golf cart rack and pinion box for steering. I will power it with "a" 48 volt Chevy Volt battery section, which I have. After the bugs are worked out with the drivetrain and the buggy is driving, I will get a another few section of the Volt Batteries to extend the range, and I'll get the motor hopped up for more speed. The Goal is 45-50 MPH Max, and 50 mile range. Anyway, enough for now, like Arnold says...I'll Be Back! Thoughts and comments are always welcome...BYE!