View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
GearHead
EcoModding Lurker

Trading/Selling my Civic VX for a Insight? Thoughts?

Hey all,

I'm looking for your opinions on what is going on with my car currently.

I have a 1995 Honda Civic VX V-TEC E Hatchback. I love the car very much, but it's been a huge project since the day I bought it. I bought it about a year ago.

Currently, the majority of the interior has been replaced/refreshed, as well as most of the windows have been replaced on the vehicle. The majority of things under the hood has also been replaced with OE parts. Basically, I replaced most things on the car to extend its lifespan.

I'm almost done putting this vehicle back together. I just noticed that my rear quarter panel is now bubbling after I just had a complete paint job done not even 8 months ago. This is the 2nd repaint I have done from this body shop. They have been horrible with me and actually they are no longer in business now. I'm getting to the point where I want to say I'm going to cut my losses and sell the vehicle now and buy a 1st Gen. Honda Insight.

My question to all of you guys is, am I crazy for considering this? I would expect I could get $3,000 for my car because it really is clean and has no problems.

Is a 1st Gen. Insight something to look into? I read amazing reviews on them and I found one for 3,900 (119K miles) locally that's at a dealer, but they offer no warranty on it. I'm not really familiar with hybrids.

Realistically, I'm just looking for a reliable car that gets excellent MPG like my VX. I currently get 40 MPG basically all the time.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!