View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 05:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
kurzer
EcoModding Apprentice

Knut - '07 Toyota Prius
90 day: 50.9 mpg (US)

Santa - '00 Hyundai Santamo
90 day: 29.07 mpg (US)
DIY engine stop/start, with clutch + throttle switch restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Has anyone added start stop to a vehicle?
thats what i did twice. the first attempt was a Daihatsu Move. Manuell ignition kill switch. restart when clutch and throttle are pressed the same time.

second attempt is my Hyundai Santamo. The kill switch is now right hand operation and cuts the injection. And it is self holding. Way better, for engine braking, as deep down as you want. a little slower at restart. i countered this witch a hypersensible throttle switch.

the simple kill switch alone makes about 90% of the trick in my case. the self restart is barely used and avoidable. at the end of the last video is shown a stop without a restart.

i used the build in injection relais to kill the engine. thats the first step.

second is restart, the technik is simple. a circuit:
12v batterie - throttel - clutch - service switch - relais coil - 12v alternator

messure out the thin pin at the alternator, witch goes from 0v to 12v when the engine is running. the 0v are basicaly ground. so the relais is operating when the engine is not turning and all switchen are closed. this relais leads 12v to the starter. done.

Prius II
Hyundai Santamo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kurzer For This Useful Post:
Ecky (08-25-2016), Jurgis (06-19-2017), me and my metro (08-27-2016), MetroMPG (08-25-2016), MJamson (06-19-2017)