Thread: Sparkle the EP3
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joggernot View Post
Darcane - I, too, owe you one. It worked on the 2000 Accord V6 as well. No flashing lights, so I just held it for several seconds. When restarted, I could turn the A/C on and off with the defrost on. Thanks for the link.
You're both welcome.

I was a little surprised when I first found out about it. I'm glad Honda decided to put the feature in, even though it's not widely known. Now if more automakers would allow the option...

Compdrag: earlier you stated that it didn't make sense "why" A/C and defrost are linked. You came from Montana, right? When it's cold and dry, heat alone will do a decent job clearing the windshield. Here in Washington, it's not as cold, but it's very wet. These conditions often require drying the air (A/C does that) before heating it to clear the fog off the windshield. Even in cold, dry conditions, the windshield will clear faster with A/C on, so manufacturers link them together.

I find myself turning the A/C on in the winter far more than in the summer. In the long run, think you'll be glad you changed the behavior of the HVAC controls rather than completely diasabling it.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
The Following User Says Thank You to darcane For This Useful Post:
Xist (11-09-2016)