Thread: Sparkle the EP3
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 05:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
compdrag
EcoModding Apprentice

24 Grom - '24 Honda Grom
90 day: 120.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
You're both welcome.

I was a little surprised when I first found out about it. I'm glad Honda decided to put the feature in, even though it's not widely known. Now if more automakers would allow the option...

Compdrag: earlier you stated that it didn't make sense "why" A/C and defrost are linked. You came from Montana, right? When it's cold and dry, heat alone will do a decent job clearing the windshield. Here in Washington, it's not as cold, but it's very wet. These conditions often require drying the air (A/C does that) before heating it to clear the fog off the windshield. Even in cold, dry conditions, the windshield will clear faster with A/C on, so manufacturers link them together.

I find myself turning the A/C on in the winter far more than in the summer. In the long run, think you'll be glad you changed the behavior of the HVAC controls rather than completely diasabling it.
Oh I get why this is just the first Honda I have had that they linked the system to. My wife's Pilot doesn't do it, so thats why it doesn't make sense to me why they just didn't make the A/C option work of the show room. And yes Montana you just throw the heat on and don't worry so much about the moisture.

On another note I have Sparkle up on jack stands right now, Mocking up pieces for the belly pan. Hardest one is around the oil pan, because it needs to be able to come down. But good news is I can connect the pieces to the front skid plastic. So underneath the complete engine will be sealed up. Also getting one of the channels sealed up to about halfway back. I only have three pieces of plastic right now, I will have to get more. But hey everything has to have a starting place.