View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
I drive a manual Forester everyday and have had many other manuals in the past. I will take a 6 speed if a good deal comes along, but I think I would prefer a truck I can loan out to anyone who needs it. My Aspen has been loaned out about as much as I have had it in my driveway and it is a great blessing if you have an extra car to be able to loan it out to others that end up in a pinch. I guess I could get rid of the Subie and get something else to replace that with an auto. I've been eyeing a couple of 2007-2008 3.0 diesel Grand Cherokees. I'd love to see what kind mileage those would get towing the Hi-Lo. If the Aspen can return 14 towing it, I bet they would hit that 20 mpg towing mark. I have also thought about the CRD Libertys as well. What I really want is an Ecodiesel Ram but I'm not going to pay $30,000 for a used one or $40,000 for a new one. I thought a 2003 or 4 Ram could be used for 3-4 years and then sold when the Ecodiesels are plentiful and cheap meanwhile the CTD will have lost very little value in those years as I won't have put more then 3-5000 miles a year on it.