View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
ECO-AKJ
Focused on MPG

Marinator - '06 Mercury Mariner Premier
90 day: 10.61 mpg (US)

SILVER BULLET - '19 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN GT
90 day: 18.41 mpg (US)

Myrtle - Wife's JKU - '12 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport
90 day: 15.7 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
An update of sorts...

I'm learning this car slowly, and am finding a couple of quirks that I really don't like...

When I start up a hill below 2000 RPM, no matter what gear I have selected, the trans will start to raise engine speed to gain torque... It's actually more effective(control of the trans-wise) to downshift to 5th at the bottom of the hill and climb at 2k-2250RPM(the engine ends up there anyway)... Sadly, once I crest the hill, I'll drive maybe 2-300 feet before the trans will let me have full control again, so I spend a fair amount of time just waiting for the upshift...The Malibu only had a four speed auto, and would let me lug it uphill as long as I kept a light right foot, and would immediately shift into overdrive as soon as speed/TPS criteria were met...

Due to this quirk, and my not being able to EOC, and the frigid cold, I'm only getting 30-31mpg on the computer... Still need to mount my UltraGauge so I can start really trying to be better...
What speed do you travel up the hill?

When I drove a 2016 Versa CVT, I was able to climb hill at speed of 25MPH and set cruise, no revving to 2000 RPM but also a different car, might be worth a try.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/images/smilies/turtle.gif

Staying Focus'd on MPG