View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
jkv357
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005_rs View Post
I proposed a similar idea this summer for my CBR125. A couple of days later I commuted into work on a very windy day (crosswinds) and decided that this was an experiment that I didn't really want to follow up on.
I do however have the bike in my laundry room for the winter and I do see lots of potential for cleaning the bike up aerodynamically. I've seen aero mods make significant fe improvements in cars on this site; I think there is good potential for motorcycles in this regard.
I've found it interesting that my bike; a 2008 is slower than the newer bikes with the same engine even though they have bigger tires and are heavier. The newer bikes have a larger rear sprocket and better aerodynamics.
I've attached a picture of the front of my bike. It seems like a huge gap between the front fender and the front fairing. Granted, there is a radiator there that needs some air flow, but my coolant guage always is in the bottom quarter.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...2tPSEMxdlR5eDA

Your comment about the gap reminded me of this -

Ryno Fender: "One test result is worth 1000 expert opinions" – Wernher von Braun

Directs some air away from the radiator opening and to the side for improved aero.

The Following User Says Thank You to jkv357 For This Useful Post:
Xist (01-29-2017)