View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #41 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Sucked flat. Know that feeling.

Ultragauge isn't expensive.

It's a few months out for me (maybe summer), but I'm hoping you and I can do a comparison test. Engine load percentage sort of thing. Scale weights of combined and individual vehicles, and then a flat land cruise control roundtrip to the same fuel pump. Cruise control the whole way. We could come up with data to measure. (And a solo run over the same course).

As we're the mechanically savvy types to have already countered the mechanical basis of RR problems, it would be worthwhile, IMO, to see how the other half lives.

You'd have a baseline against an Airstream type, and I'd gain a more practical understanding of 5er towing with one of ours. (With your future trailer, it'd give me a goal to shoot for).

I'm assuming we can get help on deciphering altitude and temp differences. With solo runs we can be pretty accurate about TT design advantages. I think the UG would suffice. Time to 60-mph at 80% engine load, for example. Time out of OD. That sort of thing. Number of brake and accel events. Etc.

Keep it in mind, is all I ask.

Thx

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
skyking (01-01-2017)