View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 06:39 PM   #293 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
It was weird to read this and see my periodic comments. I do not remember any of that!

Do you remember what difficulty you had removing your oil pan? I had a stuck 14mm nut on the exhaust pipe that goes over it and eventually hammered a 13mm socket onto it, which I still have not figured out how to remove!

It took me a month or two to get to that point. Nobody mentioned these! Irwin BOLT-GRIP 394001 - Bolt Extractor Set | O'Reilly Auto Parts

It is weird to see people with non-lean-burn Civics getting better fuel economy than my HX. Someone once asked me what I was doing wrong that I only got 45 MPG.

Is this that cyberbullying I read about on Facebook?

You listed top three modifications in #261:
CX transmission. Balto always says that is a no-go for an HX.
Injector kill switch: I engine-off whenever I will coast a couple of blocks. Perhaps it would be better to just stay in-gear and rely on DFCO. I understand why the switch is better than wearing out my ignition, just not how it would affect my efficiency.
Power steering delete: I did that two and a half years ago.

Swell...

Next!
Air dam and grill blocking: I did it my way!
Do you show the ducted opening to radiator?
Radical weight reduction.

Oh boy.

In your garage you list replacing stock steel alloy wheels with VX and changing the stock muffler with a thrush one, then linked to another thread where you listed:

Quote:
Deleted most power steering hardware.
Deleted back seat and linings.
Deleted trunk linings and spare tire equip.
Deleted stock passenger side mirror.
Deleted 6 CD changer & steel brackets.
Deleted wipers (one under seat).
Deleted rear seat belts, brackets, bolting.
Deleted child seat lock hardware
Deleted rear seat release hardware.
Deleted rear deck molding.
Deleted floormats.
Deleted sunvisors.
Deleted center column moldings and brackets.
Deleted A/C.
Deleted front passenger seat (often reinstalled)...
... numerous other small items.
I drive in the Arizona summer without air conditioning, but I turn it on for my passengers, although it gets weird when they cannot decide if they are warm or cold, and they want my car and I to suffer for it.

How do you manage without a defroster, you maniac?!

I have a four-door Accord when I want to use the back seats, but unfortunately, it lacks the child seat hardware, which I like!

Your carpet does not get dirty? Mine does!

Eh. Anyway. I have hardly worked on any projects recently. I finally got to bed at a decent time, but the second time I woke up I took Benadryl for my allergies, and then slept until after 1300. I am supposed to meet up with someone in less than half an hour and I already canceled on her once.

On top of all of my projects, I have progress reports due soon.