View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Back in Permalink #14 I proposed a method of construction. With the way the conversation has gone, I should've gone with this:

It was done around the time Hersbird did his hi-lo, and applies the same solution to the cab-over area.

Edit:

I wonder if slowmover will see this.
And I got my idea from you and this picture you posted back on another thread. I have been getting about 14 mpg towing the Hi-Lo and at first wished for more but lately not towing the best I seem to get is a touch under 17 (I'm running larger aggressive tires now) so 14 is pretty good. I really want to put a hitch on the minivan and see if it breaks 20 (it is capable of 29 not towing). I just don't know if the stress on our primary vehicle is worth a few bucks in gas leat alone the $600 we would spend on overload springs, hitch, and brake controller. We bought a fancy new trailer of conventional style (a giant box) and the best towing it is 9.5 mpg with the Aspen. The Aspen was also listed for sale, I wanted to get the 03-04 Cummins but think that may never be worth the $10,000 upgrade that costs over the value of my Aspen which is really nice ride for my family of up to 6. The Rams those years are a tight squeeze for 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
freebeard (01-02-2017)