View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Wrong thread for that attitude.
If I were looking for a racing rig I'd probably look for a more advanced setup, but I was thinking about a simple Baja bug just to have some fun while visiting my cousins in the countryside. And a simpler layout may eventually be funnier for a recreational user since it would lead to more challenging demands for my driver skills. Why not? The same principle seems to apply to those people who enjoy older muscle-cars that are way more challenging to control than an Euro sports car, for example.

Quote:
The Inrekor pan would be a good match with the Edison2 in-wheel suspension.
In-wheel suspension may have some advantages, but I still think it would not replace totally other suspension setups. At least not for off-road applications that require way more suspension travel than a no-frills city commuter.

Quote:
We're four pages into the thread and I hadn't mentioned this:

Basalt composite tub, basalt soft top, bagged suspension, four motors, two differentials*, Kia Soul EV battery pack, and twin hydrojets to replace the propeller.

Edit: *In software
Hydrojets are often reported to be less harmful to wildlife. Even though I'm not sure about its overall efficiency, that already seems to be a good point to get rid of the propeller.