View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphDaCivic View Post
I think electric bikes are the future, especially when the price of Li-Po batteries drops.
More important than the battery prices might be the range-anxiety issue. And also, how to meet the requirements for an increased cargo capacity? Some people would need at least a side-car to haul a suitcase on vacations, or a dog, or tools, or anything else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
I don't know: from out here it seems that you non-car folks must live a life that consists of nothing but going to work and coming home to watch TV until you go to bed, with maybe the occasional visit to a local bar or restaurant.

I know about de gustibus and all that, but really, what sort of a life is that? Don't you ever want to get out and take the dogs for a long hike (and not on the same old trail every time, either), or go play at the lake, go skiing in the winter, or otherwise live a little?
Gotta have to agree with you at this point, sometimes I end up wasting so much time for not having a private vehicle. And sometimes when I have to take a short trip there is always some worry about finding a place for the dog to stay while I'm away from home, and it's not cheap. I have already taken the dog in some trips with my dad's car, but it's not the same thing as being able to set the routes I would want to go instead of just taking a "free" ride.