View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #53 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkeysmall View Post
polycarbonate. and i bought a jigsaw and ended up using scissors and a razor blade...

and 1" self tapping screws. i know over 170 of 'em. i used one box and a few out of the other i got.

---

in short. it looks absolutely dreadful.

still has a few rough edges to get off, and my "no tape measure" method had a few issues. but. its sturdy and so far hasn't fallen off. i need to get another panel to seal off the back and level it off. i put some curve into the rear cross to help with the load.
anyway. so far i can definitely tell a difference. it coasts much farther then before. and my instant gauge reads a few miles higher than usual. so hopefully this tank will go awhile further.
I don't think it looks all that bad.
My ABS cutting method may help with the polycarbonate. I use a straight edge and run a box cutter knife where I want the cut. I run the box cutter over and over the line until I get a nice groove cut into the material. With ABS, I can then bend the sheet and it breaks along the line I cut. Most of the time. If I cheat and don't cut it deep enough, then it can fracture off the line.