View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
What's the best EV you've driven, Neil?
The three best EV's that I have driven are the VW e-Golf, the BMW i3, and the Chevy Bolt EV.

I have not driven a Tesla, nor the Soul EV, and also the 500e and Smart ED.

The e-Golf is nearly perfect as an ecodriver - it coasts by default, and it handles very well, and it fits my tall family comfortably.

The i3 has the exact opposite regen design from the e-Golf, with its 1-pedal driving. But you can coast it fairly easily, and it is the lightest EV. It has the most front seat room of just about ANY vehicle.

The Bolt EV has - by far - the best range in "affordable" EV's, and that alone would make it very desirable. But it also has the best overall interior space - the front is slightly less roomy than the i3, but the rear seat is the best for any EV I know of. It has more interior volume than the Model S, believe it or not.

The Bolt EV is more efficient than the i3 - I think they got the drivetrain losses down to a minimum. Only the upcoming Ioniq Electric has better efficiency. And the motor of the Bolt EV is the most powerful of all other EV's - except the Teslas, of course. The Bolt EV has a 150kW motor, and they have tuned it for very linear acceleration.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (05-12-2017)