View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
shovel
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovel View Post

For Science I've bought a set of 27lb injectors for my Escape, it ships with 24lb injectors. I've also been keeping an eye on LTFT and fuel pressure histograms in FORSCAN to see if the factory bits are in a good place to be shifted. So far it looks like fuel delivery (from the pump)is adequate at WOT on-ramp pulls and there's generous room for de-enrichment in the fuel trim maps
Phase 1 of Science has been completed; I have received and installed the 27lb injectors.

Install was trouble free. No CEL . I want to go drive around with logging enabled to see what it's doing, but also I don't want to drive around for no reason (not very eco, that) - tank presently is about 50% full of ordinary E10 pump gas in the 87 octane flavor.

I did drive to the store earlier today, just a 3 mile sprint each way, went WOT up to the speed limit and all seemed well.

Will update later once I've had proper logging of the fuel trim as reported by the ECU, and after I've burned E85 if the LTFT looks good. Getting to E85 will of course require me to run the tank mostly empty first and that's still at least a week, maybe 2 weeks from now.
Fit_is_slo (04-16-2018)