View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Made a bit more progress on getting the accessories switched over to the GEP engine. Using a mix of the GEP and Suburban parts requires a bit of modification on some items. I had to bend the GEP hard fuel return line to get a bit more clearance around the passenger side of the coolant crossover. The GEP single thermostat crossover unfortunately doesn't block off the bypass line when the thermostat is fully open, so I used the Suburban single thermostat version which does. I used the rubber hose and clamps from the GEP engine from the water pump to the crossover, had to trim the length down a bit.

I installed the existing Suburban alternator (which appeared recently replaced) and the existing power steering pump on the new engine. I used the existing suburban brackets for these items, had to modify the back alternator bracket to fit around the fuel line. I used my new to me vintage 80s mill-drill to eat out what was necessary, plus a bit more for a touch of extra weight savings.

I did get all the rest of the interior, dash and headliner, out of the Suburban as well. Have to have the dash out to put the clutch pedal bracket in. Good chance to weigh and clean everything, some of the panels I will probably swap out with the versions off my parts truck which are in better shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	21376   Click image for larger version

Name:	A2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	21377   Click image for larger version

Name:	A3.jpg
Views:	95