View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
close circuit
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Just curious, do you have much exposure to the rich history and the theory of reverse tricycles. Because there is a lot.

In the midst of Kach22i's laundry list he slipped in buildability. This is different to everything else on the list, and will determine the design as much as the aerodynamics. Are you thinking of something spun out of pure unobtainium, an aluminum monocoque with fiberglass fenders, or a donor Geo Metro and coroplast?

Here are some example that have been posted in in the last 24 hours:

Here is my own effort. They could be converted to 3 wheelers; but I'd recommend front wheel drive with a reverse trike.
yes I'm familiar with these and what I wanted to do is imagine a cabin design so it'll accommodate five people with ease. I know fwd is the answer for both traction and regen but I thought a bigger frunk could be possible if I didn't disturb the front axle, also I really like rwd. that inflatable system on the go was one of the things that crossed my mind for the sake of a street legal rear end, you've visualised it nicely. the car in the first picture is roughly the external design I would adopt though with one too many wheels.

Last edited by close circuit; 03-21-2017 at 08:35 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to close circuit For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-25-2017), freebeard (03-21-2017)