View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #35 (permalink)
DieselJan
Less waste = better FE

Hi Everyone involved
Thanks for helping me understand the limits and problems of this design, especially Cajunfj40. I never knew there was such high forces on the piston, wow. The problem was that I didn't know where to start to calculate these things, so I decided to just ask. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

I am into electronics and still think that the internal combustion engine's biggest gains will be mechanical or in the way the fuels is used. In my opinion electronics is there for "fine tuning" or making it possible. There is constantly gains made due to things being changed around the engine, but I still think a change in the operation of the engine will have a jump in gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfj40 View Post
I know you didn't really want a different way to get the same effect - just a critique of your idea - but there are some other things out there that may interest you, so go ahead and ignore the rest of this if you want.
Let me quickly explain the reason I said I am not interested in other technologies. I am actually open to any suggestions.
I have been reading on Ecomodder for about 4 years. Looking for modifications I can do to improve FE. It could have taken me 2 years if a lot of threads weren't "Hijacked/off topic". Take the Centurion build thread which is excellent and full of useful information, currently 63 pages. It could have been much shorter and condensed if it weren't for some people who want to add their one idea the whole time.

Just an suggestion. If you are very concerned with a certain topic, start a thread about it which can be discussed in detail. Then just comment in other people's threads with a link. This will benefit everyone reading ecomodder in future. So let's keep one topic/ one related topic per thread.

As you can see I have just hijacked my own thread.
Thanks
Jan