View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #159 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Curing cancer is quite a bit trickier than building a cheaper battery or even developing Gen4 nuclear power plants.
Everything is tricky until you know what you're doing, then it's easy.

I'm quite certain that a more elegant treatment for cancer will be found before we find electric storage that rivals the density of gasoline. Ever heard of CRISPR It might put me out of my new job in the not too distant future, but that's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Your quite right, cancer is very strongly correlated to environmental exposures found in this modern world.

Removal of exposure virtually eliminates cancer risk through old age.

In other words most cancer is preventable but who wants to give up plastic , household cleaners, synthetic flooring, ban various industrial processes, remove chlorine and ban synthetic flame retardant furniture?
This is entirely false. Cancer is unavoidable. You could grow the longest beard, live in the most remote wilderness, and live the most granola life possible, and the probability of getting terminal cancer approaches 100% as time goes on.

Sure, there are environmental factors that increase cancer probability, but living itself creates massive risk because DNA replication and damage are part of living.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!