View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Keller
speed demon

Single passenger chop top metro build

This will be a long process I'm sure. But I wanted to show off a little of my work.

My goal is 80mpg@80mph.

I am not an economic driver at all. I drive over 120 miles a day all highway and all fast paced.
It takes me long enough to get to work so trying to hypermile and drive 65 ain't happening for me.

But what I can do is put my fav skills to work to create a car, built specifically for my needs that should drastically reduce the overall drag.

My envision started when I first saw the Elio. I knew from the get go it was all a scam based on the sales pitch, but it got my wheels spinning About how I could build it myself.

Which led me here. Where I have been reading and learning for years. And through that learned the faults of the Elio in the front suspension, grill area and just everything really.

I always liked Doug Heffrons car. But through this web site I also learned it was much lacking in possible modifications. To further his milage.

Going in to my build knowing I have to make the car get the milage and not my foot has controlled my thoughts for a long time. And I am finally getting the chance to work on my vision.

I don't have any fancy drawings except for what's in my head. But the build will consist of.

#1 A total grill block with no openings or cracks whatsoever. Plus 98 led headlights

#2 Full wheel covers up front and back.

#3 Doug Heffron style single seater with 8" chopped out of the roof line.
Laid back windshield.

#4 Boat tail starting from right behind the driver's head

#5 Passenger door still functional as a trunk for lunch box ECT...

#6 Extended rear deck to match up with boat tail coming from roof.

#7 Rear grill opening were the radiator/condenser combo will be hiding.

#8 Passenger firewall will be cut out allowing the trapped air from front wheel wells to be re used as cooling air then reintroduced back to atmosphere at the tailing edge.

#9 and possibly lowering it as far as it will go with the help of some air shocks to get me in and out of job sites.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keller For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (04-06-2017), MetroMPG (04-04-2017), RedDevil (04-05-2017)