View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Michael Moore
EcoModding Apprentice

There is a neutral button but I don't know if there is an interlock to keep it from being used when the vehicle is in motion and I have no idea what gear might be selected by the ECU when going back into drive/sport mode. I won't be finding out either, as I wouldn't do something like that. I think there'd be less control when the vehicle is rolling without power, at least it always seemed that way when I missed a shift when racing.

I put a short report on my first ride on the website from a mixture of mostly 30-40mph surface streets and a few short bits of highway. That mix will probably be typical for a while until I get used to riding on the street again.

We've got rain for today and the next couple days so I'll be doing ground clearance/lean angle/suspension parameter checking in the garage. I want to get the suspension ordered soon.

Last night I ordered some Honda Silver Wing maxiscooter master cylinder parts to let me move the rear brake actuation to the left handlebar so I can delete the foot pedal which will simplify relocating the footrests. Once I can get enough bodywork off (that looks to be a long process) I'll be able to measure things and order new brake hoses.