View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Shortie771
Eco Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiegraf View Post
Jesus.. thats actually quite in depth..
It sounds way more complicated than it actually is. It took me a few hours to actually build and mount then a few test runs with a camera hanging from the license plate screw to see when it closed. Adjusted the weights a bit to get it to close at the right speed and it was all good after that.

Not sure if you're going for better aero for the 1/4 mile or if you actually want MPG. If your goal is mpg you won't see a huge difference (though it will help some, especially warm ups) with a grill block. The BIGGEST thing you can do for better FE is to adjust your driving habits. Keep your foot off that throttle. I know it must be very tempting with that T04E in there, but it's will do you a heck of a lot more good. You could easily achieve 30+mpg by changing your driving habits vs the extra 0.5mpg you will get from a grill block.

Edit: I assume you already have a boost gauge... If it also shows vacuum I highly suggest you learn how to use it for FE. I've been using mine all wrong for about a year now and was pretty much maxed out around 38mpg (28mpg EPA) with my D16Z6 Del Sol Si. Now that I'm using it correctly, my last 3 tanks have averaged 39.3mpg with a new personal best of a 42.72mpg tank. All from driving style.

Search around here using key words like "BSFC" and "Vacuum Gauge"

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI

Last edited by Shortie771; 04-08-2017 at 10:28 AM..