View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #257 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
update

One more day of glassing and the aero shell mods will essentially be complete.For the near term I'm not going to make any effort to make 'em 'pretty.'
They're good enough for DARKO,and will probably see no more than a coat of primer.
More rain is on the way and as soon as that's ended,I'll get into the new boat tail shell.
She needs 2-trap doors,one upper,one lower which will allow me to stand up inside the tail to lift it off and onto Spirit by myself.This complicates the build but it's got to happen if I'm gonna live with the thing.
I'll also not focus on cosmetics with the tail but rather fabricate as many new mods as I can .
Next will be the stinger which will attach to the tail to get Spirits aft-body out to 85% of a full tail.This will simulate both the long-tail and a full boat-tailed trailer with gap-fillers which I can 'fake' BamZipPow's 1-wheel trailer when the faux wheel/skirt is tagged on at DARKO.
At 85% I can expect Morelli's fluid tail/phantom tail,as research has already demonstrated this performance by at least four different investigators.
I'll get Cds for the 'trailer',a full boat tail,a truncated boat tail,and no boat tail.
Plenty to do!
BamZipPow (04-17-2017), freebeard (04-08-2017)