View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
Thanks for stroking my ego .. lol

I guess my first step would be to get a hold of some of the truck drivers I know and see who or what company may want to invest in this hair brained idea. At the fabrication of it I can handle. Living here in S. Florida I have several contacts with boat manufacturers and can have it made molded and sold from here if necessary.

I think it would look badd ass to have a rig with a boat tail hanging all the back to just a bit higher than the mudflaps. I figure without and thinking at all it would extend back 20 feet past the rig and weigh less than 1500 lbs.

Any photo chopper care to take a nice profile shot of a semi and build a Virtual boatail for me from the back of the cab to the ground using a 10 degree angle?
trikkonceptz,get to Darin's thread for his permanent Kammback on the Metro.We created an aerodynamic template for everyone to use as a go-no-go- for streamlining.If you photo-enlarge or reduce a picture of your candidate tractor,then slip it under the template,it will show you the "curvature" you'll need for a fool-proof tail.It's not really about angles as it is curves.Without the initial curvature you'll have separation.You can also use the template to design the sidewalls as well.Pull this one off and T.Boone Pickens will be knocking on your door for cash! Good luck!