View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 02:18 AM   #56 (permalink)
jonzobot
EcoModding Lurker

Terky - '99 Toyota Tercel CE
90 day: 55.71 mpg (US)
Hi t vago,

I have been thinking of this and have a couple of questions about the way the correction is performed in the code.

E.G. - Given that:
a) the MAP sensor in my car has a linear relationship of pressure and voltage; and
b) 1 Atmosphere is roughly 3.6 volts for my particular application;

I was wondering (hoping) this would not need me to make further changes to the code to make the correction factor work better. Is the code flexible enough as written to accommodate differently calibrated MAP sensors?

My disjointed thoughts below:

I have been considering this problem as pertains to my vehicle and I was wondering if the code assumes certain characteristics of the MAP sensors that are specific to Chrysler vehicles? I see for example some numbers in the code for MAP floor, ceiling, and offset - might these values change if we have access to a chart of factory MAP sensor behaviour?

I would think that different manufacturers have different calibrations on their MAP sensors, for instance what voltage constitutes 1 atm of pressure, and the slope of the line (rate of change) of voltage against manifold pressure - if indeed hat slope is linear. Some googling appears to come up with an example or 2 of MAP sensors that vary frequency, rather than voltage for the output to the ECU (this last one is not the case of my Toyota but it may be an issue for some others).

Anyway I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Cheers

Last edited by jonzobot; 04-20-2017 at 02:24 AM..