View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Isoldmysaturn:(
EcoModding Lurker

aero mods for traverse/acadia/outlook/enclave?

Ok, I used to be on here under a different screen name, but can't access that email, anymore. I successfully aeromodded my Saturn ion back in 2010, and it made some big refinement improvements (a lot less wind noise) and some fuel consumption improvement. As my screen name suggests, I've sold my Saturn because I have a growing family, and the Saturn and jetta we had were both far too small for our needs. We sold both and decided on a 2017 gmc acadia, which matches the Jetta's fuel economy without too much effort. The model we got lacks active grill shutters offered with the 4 cylinder, but refinement isn't needed, as the denali has so much sound insulation it's ridiculous. The visible part of the body is very nice and smooth, with seals between every panel, and it gets 35MPG indicated at 55MPH, but my area has just announced increased speed limits, so I would like to bolster this as much as possible. Has anyone looked closely at the older traverse/enclave/acadia/outlook or the new acadia? the only thing I can think of is some kind of manual grill shutter (any easily adoptable designs that work well?) or some kind of underbody cladding. Will any of this even make a difference with how low the front air dam is compared to the underside of the car? It's around 4 inches lower as far as I can tell.