View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Shortie771
Eco Sol

At least you out much more thought into your purchase than most people. I wasn't trying to be rude or insulting. I do apologise if it seemed that way. I just personally have never had I scenario where I have thought "I NEED an SUV", but we do live very different lives. I'll admit, I did forget about the third row seating in the Acadia, for some reason I was thinking it sat 5. The cargo space eating is only 1 cubic foot bigger than the Civic, but now that I'm looking at it I assume the rated cargo space is with the third row seating in place. There would be twice as much room if it were folded down. As for leg room, I don't doubt that the Acadia has more. I was just saying that the Civic has plenty to sit comfortably.

35 mpg is a nice number for something of its size and shape. It must have excellent gearing, as you have mentioned. Please do confirm your mpg on your next tank I'm very curious how it turns out. I use an MPGuino in my car which I've calibrated to be very accurate, but my wife's car came with a factory mpg gauge which is spotty at best. Sometimes it will say she's getting 39mpg, but at the pump she calculates 41mpg. Other times it will say she's getting 40 and it will be 37 at the pump. I'm still not sure how it gets it's numbers.

As far as increasing your mpg through aerodynamics... I believe you have a tough road ahead of you. I'm really not sure there is much, if anything you can do (aside from a grill block) without negatively altering the appearance of your vehicle.

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI

Last edited by Shortie771; 04-27-2017 at 10:18 AM..