View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
You got 4 of them?!?!
I did not really expect to get all 4. I put bids in on all 4 expecting someone else to bid higher on at least a couple of them

Quote:
You must be single or have a very, very understanding significant other.
I have a *VERY* understanding wife. And I live on 5 acres. 1 double-attached garage plus ... 4 .. outbuidlings. I bring home a lot of cr*p from work. The sheds are full and some of it is stored outside. I have used very little of it in projects so far ... but I'm working on it! PLUS ... most of it has been pretty cheap so I could likely get most of my money out of it if I sold it ... but only if I find someone else like me!

Quote:
Have you driven any of them before?
No. They were used underground at our mine. I work on surface, in the mill.

I had looked at these units in 2012 and determined that I could do it better and cheaper (cue laughter from the audience!)

I still don't have an EV rolling ....

Quote:
Looks like all or a good portion of a Leaf pack could fit under the seat where the stock batteries live, I'd be willing to bet that would increase the stock 50 miles of conservative driving range to 50 miles of beating on it pretty hard.
I expect so. 7S1P (56V) should work as a minimal pack. My Renault/Better place pack is ... ?60 a-h cells? .. I think * 48 cells, but they test out more like 55 a-h

I have enough to do 6S2P on all 4 Rangers .. but there are 2 cells that are a bit soft. They slowly discharge themselves while just sitting in my garage ... so I don't trust them!

Again, no info on the lithium cells in the units now. But they sound like they are shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
vskid3 (04-27-2017)