View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
FWIW, noting that you didn't trust Chrysler minivans, we've had our '14 ex-Enterprise rental for about a year and 13k miles with zero issues. Currently at 58k.

Good luck with your project. I suspect careful driving will yield more than the mods. I haven't driven the new ones but I had a bit of experience with first-gen (bigger) Acadias, etc., and decided that Tahoes were a better option all-around, nevermind minivans.

Ive seen the new models on the road and they are indeed smaller. Hopefully that connotes some of the benefits you hope to reach.
We also have an ex-rent a car Town and Country but a 2011 with about 68K on it. We have only done oil changes in the 45k we have owned it. Not even needing brakes or tires yet. We traded in a 2009 Enclave AWD that we only kept less than 2 years. It was just too scary the potential troubles other were having with those years and the high cost of the repairs when they did happen. You have to pull the motor to do a timing chain! Beautiful interior though. The 19" tires were also silly expensive because of their limited use size. Never buy anything with 19" wheels.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
jcp123 (04-29-2017)