View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jade
Aero vette

Corvette c3 cd of 0.55 to improve

I have been hovering around this site for a while and finally at the stage where I need to get specific with my needs on aero as it is my daily too.

Have a corvette c3 1982 (actually most aerodynamic c3 made, think it is about 0.45cd) and lightest, I have done a lot of custom stuff to it, ls1, 4l60e, 2.73 diff gear, massive tyres (about 10% larger diameter) and then a lot of other stuff like adjustable coil overs, hydroboost, steering system, aircon delete etc)

Now with a cammed ls1 I go 0-60 3.8secs so I hit 100mph in 9seconds, so I would like some stability and downforce to make the aerodynamically unstable CD of 0.45 hit terminal speed faster and better, with the added benefit of being fuel efficient

Needless to say I don't want to modify the body too much. I have a lowered front lip, and thinking about a belly pan (worth it with the lowered front and lip?)
Thinking about adding an actuator to lower the lip at 30mph and higher.

It is a car that did not harness aero, so anything even basic should be an improvement. And I know it is very capable, as on long trips at 60mph I get 48mpg, engine barely goes over 1300rpm cruising at those speeds and weighs 2700lbs, fuel efficiency is obviously a different story when I want to have fun, but makes me think if I get pretty decent efficiency cruising now imagine if I got the .45 cd down to .3.

Perhaps someone can upload some pics of the 80-82 to show the flaws like the parachute bumper, front lip, side vents, etc

Like to hear what you guys think would be beneficial without ruining looks and while creating downforce and not disrupting airflow to cool the radiator.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jade For This Useful Post:
aerohead (05-13-2017)