View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Auptimist
EcoModding Lurker

I fully agree!
The unique utilitarian form and the sense that the engineers actually gave a **** and had some free reign from the marketing execs keyed me in, then Honda's reliability and the price drop, when the fanboys traded theirs in for the new model, sealed the deal! Its also nice to have a truck that cannot ever be misconstrued as a testosterone-outlet or a redneck's truck. My one and only complaint is that it only comes with an automatic transmission.

Cab wing: It would be hard to install without drilling into the body. I don't want to hijack or pull too hard towards an aerocap, but there are already five symmetrically placed pre-existing screw holes in the box for mounting the tonneau Honda expected everyone to have (they even lowered the tailgate height for it). It would be very easy and structurally sound to mount something to those instead...

Slightly off topic, it would be great to see what kind of ecomods could be done to the 2017+ model. That base .31 Cd plus a good aerocap and a boattail on the dual-action tailgate (only open to the side when boat tail is attached lol) would be record-worthy.