View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 10:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Isoldmysaturn:(
EcoModding Lurker

it doesn't matter if the power is coming from a 4 cylinder or v12. power is power. that's such an overstated myth it's ridiculous. I used to pull 3500LBS with my 2.2L 4 cylinder in my Saturn sedan just fine, and could even manage to stay in 5th (top) gear most of the time on the highway. even got 28MPG doing it. but, I also only went 55 while doing it.

The traverse, the 3.6, and the 6 speed transmission can all tow just fine, up to 5000LBS. There is more than enough power for that trailer.

the problems I see: that's not much of a V on the front of that trailer (not much you can probably do about this); the bottoms of trailers are usually really bad and create a lot of turbulence and drag, so smooth the underside; that isn't a proper use of the rear end treatment, semis usually use this technique on the back of trailers, but they need to be at the outer edge to be most effective; decrease your speed, you are going way faster than he aerodynamics of that trailer can support; and flat wheel covers.