View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #638 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seifrob View Post
Wow!

How does it feel? I mean, Centurions must be really rare. Now you have two of them, and more, the original. living piece of history.

- How did you get it? I feel there is story behind it.

(But I assume you incline more to the gray one anyway)
seifrob,
To have the original Centurion prototype here is truly a dream come true.
It was "that car" on the front cover of the February 1982 Mechanix Illustrated that started a fire long ago, and, I've been digging a very long time to find it. The car slipped away from me twice over the years as it was simply out of my reach: geographically and financially. But, as the old saying goes: "three times a charm" and when it became available, I went for it. It's going to be a serious amount of work to restore her, but, I look forward to every challenging piece!
-
I still love my primered gray creation as it has allowed me to modify it without hurting its value. Because of its stunning 3 year performance at the Toyota Green Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International Raceway, it now has a rich history that makes a wonderful addition to the Original Centurion's story. The icing on the cake for this one is that I get to drive it nearly every day!
-
Going forward, I have some interesting plans and have been in contact with Centurion's original designer "Robert Q. Riley" who has graciously (and humorously) helped to fill in some historical data - and that is just priceless!!
-
The story rolls on................
-
~CrazyJerry~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (05-18-2017), nemo (05-18-2017), seifrob (05-17-2017)