View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Isoldmysaturn:(
EcoModding Lurker

Things the oems so for wind noise, and what members on here have had luck with shouldn't be so quickly dismissed. You have a wind noise problem, so have most of us at one point or another. I, for one, almost completely eliminated wind nose in my Saturn ion. This is a common mod around here.

The problem with a deflector is it will just move the point of noise generation, and add a bunch of drag for the trouble. It is a much better idea to try to smooth the airflow, and this will usually have added side effects of a more stable car, less drag, and happy driver.

Heavy insulation is a not so good approach, I would remove it from the floor of that's where you have it, a belly pan smooths the air so there isn't nearly as much noise to be heard in the first place, but will also block a lot of what's left. For the top, reshaping pillars may be a much better use of your time than attaching big flaps, and bullet mirrors, panel gap seals, replacing worm weather seals, and insulating where the front fenders end in the for jamb with carpet oad or similar insulation would all help your case much more.

I doubt anyone here has tried a flap, because that's the opposite of what this forum is about, but please don't assume our ideas are bogus just because our cars are newer, we're just trying to help you.