View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #191 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie771 View Post
slowmover - You lost me... Maybe it's cause I slept too much and still waking up How do bushings help economy? Or were you just saying that a work truck would better benefit from fixing their bushings (due to safety concerns, etc.) than increasing aero.

Anybody had a picture of this HAD contractor package? I'm having a hard time seeing it in my head and my Google search results seem pretty useless.
"Aero" means as much storage efficiency. I see you've never worked from a truck. READING, KNAPHEIDE and others. Any railway or utility contractor. Tools and gear are protected. The truck can travel at 65+ without issue. Balanced and roadworthy.

Like the meaningless FE stunts around here: vehicles have a manufacturer weight rating. Who's posting MPG at full load out? (Ha! Who even knows that number without sneaking out to the car to look).

Solo = less than truthful as in, "I successfully drive for economy".

Truck is a work vehicle. "Aero" is about efficiency.

Driving for economy means having been at max for 10k miles to be able to make claims about FE "mastery ".

Sorry to sidetrack, OP. I run 10-12k miles monthly and forty percent or more of that empty. Fully loaded the vehicle increases in weight by more than twice. On can drive for economy -- my pickup or work truck -- but few will ever take the time to see it as practical (protests to the contrary not believable).

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-04-2021)