View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
19bonestock88
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
So what is the next mod going to be?
I'm not sure about my next mod, guys... I'm really broke at the moment with saving a down payment for my home... I need tires, and might have two different sets available... First set is 195/65-15 off brand tire... Second set I is 185/70-14 from an S series, Cooper CS4.. Not sure which I'm gonna run for now... If the Redline suspension and brake swap goes through, I'll go up to a 17 inch wheel and likely a 205/50 tire...

I'd like to chip away at the aero, but I haven't had time to crawl under the car and screw pieces of coroplast to the underside, and I'm concerned with the cooling system... These cars are designed to draw air from underneath, with a plastic scoop shaped flat-ish panel that hangs down... Not sure if deleting that and sealing the lower grille opening to the radiator would be enough or not... Either way, the front belly pan will require special consideration... The rest would be similar to how the Malibu went...

I'd also like to swap the header and downpipe from the Redline onto my base model and fabricate a new exhaust system to be tucked up closer to the underside of the car, as well as eliminate the exhaust rattle I have now, but it'll have to wait until I can wrap it with header wrap...

My last Ecotec project...
The Following User Says Thank You to 19bonestock88 For This Useful Post:
Daox (07-07-2017)