View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 02:31 AM   #99 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
That oil temp is pretty low given your oil capacity isn't that high, you have no oil/coolant heat exchanger to the best of my knowledge, and those older engines tend to have more friction and dump more heat into the oil. I think my 2ZZ would be around there if I P&G, but it has an (air) oil cooler.
Correct, no oil/coolant heat exchanger. I have considered adding one. Also no oil cooler as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
If you're curious about modding the FR-S you should check out my tuning posts from 2 years ago. Softening the rev limit makes it more pleasant. The car is really crippled by the tune, which is meant to keep the cats cool. It also has very poor low end performance despite D4-S which is supposed to help low speed combustion by using the port injector instead of the direct injector (which doesn't work as well with low tumble flow).
From experience, Toyota rev limiters seem to kick in early and hard, raising the rev limit in the FR-S would definitely make it more fun. That car really needs some more low end torque though. Not my car however, so not really my problem.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...