View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 AM   #103 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin_t View Post
... are there any manuals where I can find gear ratios and some information about dimensions of shafts etc. for European engines? ...
There is always Automobile-Catalog the complete Catalog of Cars, car specs database... it is really extensive. And it seems to show really short gearing for these Euro Civics. For example, an 0.805 fifth gear with a 4.411 FD. But check out the Civic hybrid fifth gear: 0.756.

As for part numbers and suppliers on a short notice... I just don't know. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBennie View Post
I haven't found a code but I did find the car
2003 Honda Civic Ferio C4 (up to mid-year 2003 for Japan ) specs review

gear ratios according to this are

1-3.5
2-1.956
3-1.344
4-1.034
5-0.787

FD-4.562

Im not sure these are correct as they don't really fit in the charts but they are really good for me if true and If I can get a rear end. Im assuming the CRV will work since they swap between AWD generations but Id really like to find something on this before I buy...... which right now there are none on eBay.
I love that site, but I wonder how precise it is sometimes too. Only one way to find out... experiment. And those are some short gear ratios. You are in new terrain with a conversion list this. Pretty cool. Post your progress as it comes along. Start a build thread.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.