View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #104 (permalink)
BongoBennie
lead foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I love that site, but I wonder how precise it is sometimes too. Only one way to find out... experiment. And those are some short gear ratios. You are in new terrain with a conversion list this. Pretty cool. Post your progress as it comes along. Start a build thread.
I have two Insight projects, I have a build thread for #1 which should be done soon but its a 6 month swap going on 3 years...
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...muter-3290050/

#2 I have been torn about (2001 5 speed, still in the trailer i picked it up in) I really want a bad ass off road machine for camping pulling my off road teardrop. I love the idea of an RDX Turbo drivetrain but have been looking at CRV B and K swap possibilities. When I was researching my legal options I looked hard at the D17 (Kpro capable for mandatory OBD port) and found a few of the equivalent D15s....... these are attached to the modern D AWD trans and I figured a D15 will make all the power Ill ever need (turbocharged of course) I saw two of these transmissions sell on eBay, one was a $250 buy it now...... anyways Ill start a thread for #2 here so I can keep rambling but as far as this thread goes, I want this trans to work so message me if you know things.
California98Civic (07-07-2017)