View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #71 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
The turbo is the only aspect that worries me. I do very little engine off coasting. Drives me nuts my trip doesn't add in the distance yet the odo does. So my first few tanks we're probably in the 50s due to the 3/4 mile EOC I was doing every day and think I will go back to. I hardly use any power to get up to that speed for the EOC so turbo doesn't do anything. Problem is only time I hit that spot is at night on my way to work. Lights off for a few seconds going 50 mph down a hill gets the hairs raised a bit haha. But I figure I did that EOC every drive to work for over 650 miles would equate to 18 miles missed out on. Roughly speaking that is 1.5 mpg increase since most fills are around 11 gal. Have to use the odometer. Anyways the game display for best 25, 50, 500 miles still tracks the mpg for EOC so why doesn't the trip meter work? Going to look for more places for EOC but avoid doing after heavy throttle. I'm sure your turbo is built sturdier then the Cruze popcan turbo lol. Not sure what psi yours runs up to but that plays a huge effect on how much heat is generated. I suppose I rarely break 5 psi boost so shouldn't have much heat build up at all.

Last night had 16 miles at 43 mpg due to standing water on the roads during nasty small storm. Started when I hit the highway and ended when I got off. Mother nature isnt in my favor that was 28 miles at under 50. This am was clear and netted 55.5 on drive home not counting EOC. Torque app doesn't record when engine is off either so can't get totally accurate.abot 1/2 mile coast on a 13.1 mile commute will add up. 1.25 miles of EOC for about 26 miles of driving 31.25 miles if all things else stay the same add those miles to last tank. Would bump me up to 61.8 mpg.