Thread: My ML350 2003
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 08:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
ar5boosted
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I know that feeling...
But anyway, how hard would it be to get an used Sprinter of that dual-fuel petrol/CNG version from Germany to Turkey so you could drop its drivetrain into the ML350?
Not very hard.

Also, having been through this myself, "if an engine is already available on that type of car or series" then it all becomes much easier.

For example, my Renault Scenic had an econobox 2.0 originally. I just dropped in the 2.0 sports motor with ~30% more power but because it's a factory engine available on other models in the range there is no drama.

If you can show that the engine was available in Germany at some point earlier or later their ability to argue becomes less.

For example, if you put a 2010 tdi engine back in an older ML it becomes hard for them to argue it isn't right.

My engine swapped car feels more 'right' than whatever came from the factory. It feels like the car that the factory should have made.

You can also do things like put original intakes on to make it look totally stock if you need to know so that it isn't obvious what lurks beneath.
future - probably a Prius