View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stacygifford
Eco Storm Chaser

Nemo - '87 Ford Mustang GT
90 day: 27.26 mpg (US)

K-sight - '02 Honda Insight
90 day: 39.24 mpg (US)
Turtle 94 Integra build thread

Its been a LONG time since my last post, but I've been lurking around from time to time.

This is a 5 speed Integra with 170k miles that was in the family, and after the owner passed away it found its way into my hands. She actualy lurked on ecomoder from time to time; so I see it only fitting to make a thread for the car! lol

Ya, the first day it left me stranded.... after a new batery we were ready to go again!

with less than seller mileage returns (28 mpg) i did a tune up.
(oil change, timing belt, spark plugs, cap, and rotor)

I am still not happy with the Economy, but its improving. Being that this car will be my storm chasing car for next season anything i can do to help would be nice.

The laptop mount is held on via industrial Velcro so it comes off easily.
A big problem with storm chasing in a honda (or acura) is how low the oil pan sits. That is not good for dirt roads with large rocks! so a bellypan/Skid plate was not optional for me.

The last thing I would ever want to do is ruin this car by hacking it up. By removing the factory tow hooks it gave me a VERY sturdy location for some skid plate mount points.

I didn't want to increase the frontal area of the car, but the whole point of a skid plate is to make it to where it will take any potential impact, not the chassis. i have less than a half inch of clearance between the oil pan and the skid plate.

The bellypan is ~ 1/8" (3.175mm) aluminum and will hopefully be sturdy enough. The brackets are 2"x3"x0.3125" angle aluminum.

If i get a chance to bend some new sheet metal for it, I will make it fit the front bumper a little tighter.

The last thing to do is add brackets to the rear, like so.

Last edited by Stacygifford; 07-20-2017 at 05:15 PM..