View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
Pretty impressive, spotted a nice looking white magnum with tinted windows on the way to K&G to on SW side just after 5 last night, was that Karen-Mobile. Only other magnum I used to see regularly was the green one in Walford but haven't seen it for a while.
Nope, that's not me. The Karen-Mobile is dark grey with home-made aero wheel covers, one of them brown. Until earlier this year, she also had a white passenger front door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
I am very interested in this, i currently have 4 hole injectors and average around 26.5mpg. Even at 10% improvement and $140 investment, these injectors would have a 6 month roi.
Unfortunately, the only 12-hole injectors I have found are rated at either 22 lb/hr (0280156336) or 24 lb/hr (0280156161), and they only have the EV4 wiring connector on them. Maybe somebody else can chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoman View Post
Tvago could you do a flow test on the injectors?

I am curious as to why there was such a massive fuel economy hit.
I am not sure what flow testing the old injectors will do, other than to lighten my wallet. I do know they were unevenly flowing, and that will cause fuel economy problems by itself. I could tell because the Karen-Mobile used to have a noticeable rhythmic un-evenness when I would perform moderate acceleration. She accelerates very smoothly now.

This morning saw 27.9 MPG. Still going strong, it looks like.