View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 01:42 AM   #143 (permalink)
Sparkeysmall
EcoModding Lurker

The pig - '99 Dodge Ram 3500 Slt
90 day: 11.99 mpg (US)

The ST - '93 Honda ST1100
90 day: 38.68 mpg (US)
Whoa. How long has it been? 2 months? Maybe 3?

Anyway, sorry to those who appreciate keeping current.

And this is what i get when i say "promise"....

So ive been working mostly 70hr weeks since my last post. And any time i have off work is spent sleeping or taking care of more important matters.

Otherwise, i have installed twin electric fans. Only problem there is the little plastic zip ties that push through the radiator to (supposedly) hold up the fans sheared after a week. So ive been driving it around without fans. Yippee.

Otherwise ive been getting 13 mpg in it WITH the a/c on. And soon the sa200 is going to get a fresh lick of paint and set back into the bed as i will be needing it in the near future. Ill be sure to get something up on here as that happens. (No promises.... tee hee)

Ive been riding my motorcycle pretty much all the time other than to go get groceries/keep the rings lubricated. So far my 100hp v4 can get me around 40 mpg blurbbing around town.

So really my project is getting some of the cash it needs. And things are looking promising that ill have atleast 2 day weekends again.

Anyway. Ive got some rear air helper springs since i took away the stock overloads and im going to be throwing 2000lbs back there again. And the front suspension will get some more work soon as well. I need to trim the bump stops and raise the shock supports at a minimum to get a tad better ride, and really the frame needs to be notched out to sit at the height it needs to to match the rear. Its still 3/4" taller up front. And for $300 i can get a basic set of airsprings and fashion up some brackets for the front.

The "aeroshell mach 2" (as im calling it.) is in the works. But i need to get all my tools in the back before i can start building it. The welder is going in sideways by the cab and will sit just as tall as the roof. If anything i could get away with extending the hood on the welder to act as the shell. Or have the shell just go up to that point from the tailgate. Further thoughts require all tools loaded though.

So never fear. I have not forgotten about all my adoring fans. At least thanks to all that halfway care.

More to come!!!

-Every other forum i tried to state my intents...

Total spent on mods. :$440($200 was oil. So take it or leave it)
Total returned from 10mpg baseline :$167
miles since i started ecomodding :3315 miles