View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
What do you think you will do differently next time?
Well, two things.

I want to reduce the side area to reduce the side wind tendency.
Two, I want to make a much smaller fairing to reduce the weight.

It's probably going to end up looking very similar to a fairing I made 30 years ago for the VF500 Interceptor.

As for details, I don't want to disclose them right now, as I may still be barking up the wrong tree. Think of the blind leading... well you know. We shall see by next spring.

It looks like the tail won't go on until the spring of 2019.

Edit: tell you what, I might as well post the entire build so that we have a good discussion point going forward. Disclaimer: I don't check the site that often this time of year with projects around the house going on, like new counter tops going in this fall, so please be patient. There are a couple areas of the new fairing shape that might make for some interesting discourse.

My main goal in posting the sale of the existing fairing is give someone the chance to get into a streamliner without too much work, and they can decide for themselves how it works for them. If there are no takers, then it will be completely changed by next spring, but I do feel better knowing that others had the chance to benefit from the initial effort.

Last edited by 3-Wheeler; 07-30-2017 at 09:39 PM..